One Case Free Shipping

With $300 Orders or More on Wine Orders. Limited To 12 bottles
Visit the "About Us" page for details and conditions




Subscribe to TheCellarOnline's email list to receive monthly specials on discount items


Ayala Zero Dosage Brut Champagne NV (90WS)

Ayala Zero Dosage Brut Champagne NV (90WS)
Item# A001096
Regular price: $44.99
Sale price: $29.99
Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days

Product Description

"A toasty Champagne, with a woolly texture, firm acidity and flavors of biscuit, smoke, straw and citrus zest. There's a minerally vein throughout and good balance overall. Drink now through 2015."



"In 1750, Don Antonio de Ayala y Vergara, a Spanish aristocrat, was appointed Chancelor (Finance Minister) of New Grenada (now Colombia) by King Ferdinand VI of Spain. Edmond de Ayala (1831- 1902), is invited to Champagne by the Viscount of Mareuil to learn the business. He falls in love with the Viscount's niece, the beautiful Miss Gabrielle d'Albrecht. As the dowry for their wedding in 1860, he receives the magnificent Château of Aÿ as well as some very prime vineyards located in Aÿ and Mareuil sur Aÿ. This love story is also the beginning of a prestigious champagne house : Ayala develops rapidly in Great Britain thanks to Edmond's brother who was based in London. In 1882, Ayala was one of the 18 founder members of the Syndicate of the Grandes Marques. Before the 2nd world war, Ayala was the supplier for the courts of Great Britain and Spain. The NV Brut is always the best expression of the elegance of a great Champagne House. AYALA takes every step to make it one of the finest champagnes. To show the exceptional quality of our Brut Majeur, AYALA has created, “Zéro Dosage”. Zero Dosage is exactly the same blend as our Brut Majeur but with absolutely no dosage: a quality wine expressed in its most pure style. BLEND Pinot Noir 45%, Chardonnay 35% and Pinot Meunier 20%. The origin of the crus are good indications of the quality of the wines by their restrictive selection. Pinot Noir from Aÿ, Mareuil-sur- Aÿ, Louvois, Bouzy, Tours-sur-Marne, Verzy, Rilly. Chardonnay from Cramant, Mesnil-sur-Oger, Cuis, Vertus and Rilly. Pinot Meunier from Venteuil, Cerseuil, St Martin d’Ablois, Chavot. The AYALA- blend has an extremely high average rating of 93% on the “échelle des crus” scale. Of this cuvée, 80% is made from the 2004 vintage, the remaining 20% are reserve wines (Pinot Noir and Chardonnay). AGEING2.5 years on the lees.The Zero Dosage rests in the cellar for 2 to 3 months after disgorgement."